Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hangovers are over!

Finally the hangovers are over, the pubs are full, even the shops are open! So far in my walking around the city I've done the typical emotional American thing falling in love with Ireland and it's people all over again....but I think we should be emotional-the kind where we raise a pint and toast our forefathers regardless of how accurate our stories are. I loved that my bartender this morning was giving me BIG stories. When I laughed he admitted that he's actually from New Zealand, but has adopted Ireland and its heritage as his own(he's 26). I thought his accent was a little off!
So many of my friends and family are all around in the names on street corners Flannery, Fitzpatrick, Ryan, Curley, Hartigan, O'Reilly, O'Brien, Quinn, Agnew, BAKER, Lynch, Cusack! Just to name a few! Had a cup of soup at O'Donoghue's. I took Bride Street thinking of Sean's fiancé Megan and wandered down Kevin Street leading me to Bishop (?) which luckily ran into Aungier where I found Jim Fitzpatrick's hideaway "Wawa's" ;) my point being you're all around me and with me on this leg! I loved St. Stephens Green! Perfect size and perfectly packed-my nieces and I would have a blast on the huge playground! I threw some American coins in the fountain for all my lived ones. Then off to St. Patrick's to light candles for my Uncle Johnny in his brave fight and for my grandma who helped make this journey happen. I'm so grateful to have each of them in my life.
Now what should I do with the rest of my day/night? One thing is it charge my iPhone and iPad! Then I can share some fun pics! I haven't even mentioned my cute b and b yet! Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. We feel we are with you as well, and of course wishing we were! I have to wonder how very many Ryan, Caitlin and Nora's you will encounter on this beautiful start to your journey. Ahhhh....Ireland! Breathe it in, dear Sister! We are so blessed to have it in our history and in our present lives. A beautiful land filled with amazing people much like yourself! Have a ball and post some pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Oddly enough, there aren't "O'Rudd" streets there, but you-know-you is watching over you and making sure you pick the right drink. :-) St. Stephen's Green is beautiful! We also threw coins in the fountain there. I'm loving your descriptions and taking your trip with you. can't wait to see pictures. If at all possible, make sure you're in one or two of them! XOXO

    ReplyDelete