Monday, January 30, 2012

A lirttle more Vienna

Did I mention that it's ball season in Vienna? Well it is and the next best thing to going to a ball is getting to see everyone dressed up for it! Gorgeous dresses and women definitely sizing each other up. The woman with the backless green dress is getting the most sideways looks. That's envy. She looks great! Meanwhile the blond next to me also looks beautiful but she can't breathe! She keeps clutching her side;( thats no fun at all! She's seated with two men neither one of which is paying any attention to her:( one is eating some sort of sandwich and talking through it. I may be a little dressed den in comparison but i can chew with my mouth closed and not talk when I've got a mouthful. That's it! I should go to the ball in his place! Although his tux may be a little long for me! The men just look like they're in uniform. Do they get how cute we think tuxedos are? Doubtful! (I really prefer the white tie) Anyway I'm at the Sachar which is way out of my price range. I headed out tonight to find a little cafe mentioned in the book. I had a lovely ride in the tram (it really is fun! I like watching it snake out;)) then I took the tram back...I saw this place, remembered it from the book (the famous cake) my feet are sopping wet, as am I and it's very cold out in that slushy mess, so in I came! Do you know what doesn't go well with a ball gown! Chewing gum. Plus, won't it ruin your champagne, which I'm just assuming you'll have?! I'm in the Blaue Bar-that's how it's spelled! And I'm having the least expensive drink on the menu which just happens to be Pinot noir! My favorite! And now I can snuggle into my little blue velvet club chair and wait for the ball to start!
The table across the room is talking about America. I can't tell you how concerned people are about our economy. And they're just shocked. It seems plausible for a recession anywhere but the states. It's odd because they're calling for the fall of the euro within the year. Ok, I can see two of the three men face on. You may have to google one of them. One looks like Tom Tivol and the other like Chris Ivery....he's married to Ellen Pompeu-Meredith on Grey's- I haven't watched that show in years!

They get up to go to the ball (I'm assuming) and each woman is smoothing their dress, one even adjusts her Spanx! Not one guy pays attention to his ensemble. Isn't that weird? And Chris Ivery's vest is a mess! It's all turned up and wrinkly. Ugh!

I love this place, especially on a cold night like tonight! I will definitely be back;)

1 comment:

  1. Maybe they need a "seat saver" for the ball? Do they have those? I wonder, how long will you be there? If you stay til spring break, I will come visit you wherever you are! Stay safe and always watch your drink!

    ReplyDelete