Sunday, January 1, 2012

The rest of day one!

Well, as you ought to imagine it took awhile to recharge my iPad and iPhone;( so I was a little bit late in getting out, but I think I made up for it;) another fun thing about Dublin is how the neighborhoods seem to consult with each other on decor-obviously up my alley! Either they are completely in sync with all red doors and similar wreaths or they've taken the initiative to paint their front doors different colors so you can say....I'm in the long row the third in the right-pink door! Thank you for picking pink! It's as if I already live here;)
Love how they've decorated Grafton street for the holidays! Big swags of lights with fabulous chandeliers hanging down as you wander the street of shops (do I get a special place in heaven for not buying the 32 things I "needed" at Zara?)
On to temple bar. Walking (the 45 minutes in the rain) there felt like a pilgrimage! I wasn't exactly sure where I was going-shocker-but everyone else was going there too! Hoards of us! It reminded me of what I felt like walking out of the cathedral in downtown kcmo after ash Wednesday mass-all of us with our ashen crosses on our foreheads with a renewed sense of hope and purpose. My purpose tonight was more about the perfect pint and some great music. I am happy to report I was successful on both fronts! I was thinking on my sojourn to Guinness-land that other countries will be hard pressed to match the cute/handsomeness and kindness of themen of Ireland. However...I met the nicest and cutest guy from France. He gets it! I wish I could've said the same at his age. He will no doubt be an impressive and published writer who makes the reader think and sometimes even say "what the f...!" He will never simply be "another brick in the wall" I am looking forward to meeting up with him in Galway. Alas I went on to the next pub with a fun Irishman to sing and dance and have another pint. Part of this journey that I was so looking forward to is meeting new people and hearing their stories. I can only say that I wish him and his loved one well in the battle with addiction. Also, Noel (completely different Irishman thankfully skilled at pulling a pint and taking a photo) you and your dad, P.T. Are tooooo cute!
Where will tomorrow take me? South. Probably to Kilkenny and then Cork! Thoughts......;)

1 comment: